Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Good Good Father

I think most of us can identify times when God has been portrayed as a hard taskmaster. We may pinpoint times in which he has been presented to us or viewed by us as distant, indifferent or detached. Nevertheless, that is not an adequate portrayal of who God is or how he wants us to view/relate Him.

In fact, I have recently been hearing the term "sonship" be used to address this issue. Although I am still learning, it is my understanding that embracing sonship means to embrace and be rooted and grounded in the truth that we are sons and daughters of God. We have been adopted by Him and therefore, can approach him with all of the confidence and surety of a child approaching his or her dad. I think this song speaks well to that truth, the essence of our relationship with God, and how we should view Him. It has really been ministering to me. I hope you enjoy it as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your ideas, questions, and comments are welcome!